Sunday, June 6, 2010

School's Out, School's Out!!

Yippie!!  I'm just so thrilled to be on summer vacation!  Lots has been happening here so let me fill you in. 

Our pool plastering job is finished, the pool if full of water and we are able to swim!!!  It looks amazing!  I'll have to post some pics soon.  I haven't had time to take any this past week because I've been furiously trying to move all my school stuff to my new classroom and finish the end of the year stuff up.  I still have a bit to finish moving and will do that later in the week.  AND...I'm also moving to 2nd grade.  That will be a change, but I'm excited about it. 

The really exciting news is that we had our individual interviews with our social worker last week.  We love, love, love him!!!  Barry had his interview on Tuesday and then I went on Thursday.  We are both very outgoing and can talk to anyone so it wasn't bad at all.  The even better news is that our joint interview is tomorrow (Monday) and our home inspection is Wednesday afternoon.  Can you believe that?????!!!!!  Then we'll just have to meet with the financial people, pay our fee, make payment arrangements and we will be on the list.  Our SW said it won't take him long to have the paperwork finished.  He will be traveling the end of the month and wanted to have it all done before he leaves.  See why we love him?!!

Our Dear Birth Parent letter is done and so is the adoption portfolio.  My sweet friend Nikki takes some amazing photos and was sweet enough to do some for us to use in the portfolio.  We already had lots and lots of fun photos, but nothing really great for the cover.  We got together with her last week and went to our church prayer garden to take some...it's an amazing place for photos and also a great place for some quiet time with God.  Then we went downtown and took some fun ones too.  I haven't seen them all yet, but she gave me her favs and then I did a little editing. 



We are going to use the one above for the front cover of our portfolio.


This one is just a fun one.  We aren't using it, but I love it. 


We are using this one in our portfolio too. 

I've known I need to lose some weight, but after looking at these pics I am going to be hardcore about it!  I've made up a menu for the entire month of June with lots of healthy meals.  I'm starting at the gym next Monday.  I would start this week, but I have a LOT of stuff to finish up before our home inspection on Wednesday.  Plus, I'm fighting a cold/laryngitis right now.  Not a fun way to start the summer.  If any of you have any great and healthy recipes, I'd love for you to share them with me!  I feel like I get stuck in a rut sometimes.  I have lots of yummy recipes, but many of them are not super healthy.  ha!

Have a great week friends!  I know I've said this before, but I am hope to get caught up on commenting and blogging this week!  Summer is here and my life is much calmer now!  I miss all my favorite bloggy friends!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

14 comments:

Kelli said...

Hooray for summer! I have 2 1/2 days left this week, but in my mind, I'm already there! I'm also moving (back) to 2nd grade next year! It's my favorite grade! Wahoo!
Your pics are gorgeous!! Praying for you guys!

Sarah said...

So happy for you! Seems like you are in a really really good place right now :)

aprilGRAY said...

I am just catching up on your blog after having been pretty absorbed in my own life-changing moments the last couple of months. all I can say is "wow"! I am so happy for you and Barry! after I get properly back online (computer problems---- I just have my iPhone right now), I'm going to shoot you an email and catch up. God is blessing you! praise to Him!

LaughingLaura said...

A delicious summer salad I invented... Amounts are dependent upon what you like most.

Baby spinach
Mandarin oranges
Dried cranberries
Fresh blueberries
Red onion, thinly sliced
Pecans, preferably roasted, but raw will do
Feta cheese, crumbled (it will be more flavorful if you buy a block and crumble your own)
Raspberry vinaigrette dressing

S.I.F. said...

I love these pictures, but I love even more how fast everything is moving for you! SO incredible and exciting lady!

Samantha said...

Oh, I've missed you, but am so excited about all your news! You'll still advise me on kindergarten, right? :)

I love those photos. You guys are going to be matched in two seconds! :)

I have lots of healthy recipes--let me know what food you would like to make in a healthier version and I can hook you up!

~Katie said...

Great news on everything moving along quickly. I hope we get going on our 3rd adoption soon. I need one more baby fix and then I am done. ;) Who is your agency? We use angel adoption out of Chicago. We LOVED them! Anyhow...I am really excited for you! And you are NUTS girl. You look GREAT and do NOT need to lose weight!

Andrea said...

Love the pictures! There is not a birth mother out there that won't be able to resist you all :) You just look so sweet!!!

I'm praying for you and your hubby and know there will be a baby in your arms real soon.

Much Love,
Andrea

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

I'm so happy for you! I worked in the adoption field for 6 years and I know what a roller coaster ride it can be - I hope that your ride is smooth :)

Becky said...

I am so happy that school is out and you can enjoy your summer! A raft in the pool would be so great.

It is so exciting to hear that your homestudy is moving along so quickly and going so well. I am praying you are matched quickly. I can't wait to see you with a baby in your arms! The pictures are wonderful, and NO you don't need to lose weight. You look great!

By the way, I love the new look of the blog. I am thinking of contacting the person you used to redesign my blog. I am definitely ready for a makeover.

~Rachel~ said...

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!

And if you want to eat healthy, that’s great, but remember that you are just perfect the way you are!!!

I'm so glad the your adoption process seems to be going along well...isn't it exciting?!?

Stacey said...

Yahoooo! I hope you have a fun summer full of relaxing in that pool!

Things are really moving along with the home study and I'm so excited for you. I LOVE all the pics and think you both look so sweet and loving. Praying that all will soon be in order to prepare you for welcoming a little one!

P.S. Healthier eating is always good, but you look great!!! :)

prashant said...

love those photos. You guys are going to be matched in two seconds! :)

Contextual Ad Network India

Megan said...

Exciting news all around!! Love the pics! =D

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop