Monday, June 21, 2010

It's Official!

We are on the list!! We are so excited! It's been a great day! I met Barry at our agency this morning so we could turn in the remainder of our information and meet with the financial person who is in charge our case. We got that all figured out and then we were on our way. It was a great feeling walking out of there this time knowing that at anytime we could get a call for a match meeting with a birth mother. I just can't describe how that felt.

I stopped to see my friend Katie on the way home. She just recently moved to the metroplex and has an awesome house!! We had lunch, chatted about baby stuff for a bit and then I headed on home.

Tonight I made dinner and we took it to our dear friends who just had a baby on Wednesday. We'd already been to see them for a quick visit on Saturday. But, tonight we had dinner and watched The Bachelorette. Is anyone else watching it??? We were laughing so hard during some if it tonight. Poor Kasey...he just had to go! That tattoo did not impress Ali. We had a great visit and baby Ansley is just BEAUTIFUL! We love her so much and can't wait for our little one to get here so they can be sweet friends.

There's really no way of knowing how long it will take for us to be matched. We just have to wait for the right match. We trust that however long it takes we will get the baby that should be with us.

Welcome to all of you who are here from IComLeavWe. As you probably guessed from this post, we just finished our homestudy and are waiting for a match for our domestic adoption. I can't wait to "meet" you all and check out your blogs. Now I need to go and once again catch up on my blog reading. I'm behind after a weekend of family fun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

21 comments:

Saige said...

Hooray!!! Congrats! I was about to write the hardest part is behind you, but is there any part of adoption that isn't the hardest part? All of the paperwork and hoops, then the waiting to be chosen, and, well, you get the point. Either way, the first big hurdle is behind you and now all that is left to do is wait for your baby to come into your lives. Congrats!

And yes, I watch the Bachelorette too. Kasey totally needed to go LAST week. I felt bad for him too. He just went from a guy who seemed cool to being a total dork. And now he has an awesome tattoo for the rest of his life... awesome choice dude. lol

Anonymous said...

That's great news!! Praying for a fast and smooth wait to your baby!

S.I.F. said...

Yay! You could actuall be a mom so soon! I am so excited!

twondra said...

WOOHOO!!! How exciting! So happy for you guys!!!

We watch the Bachelorette, too. I agree, it was time for Kasey to go. :)

Jennifer said...

Wonderful news!!!

Anonymous said...

THAT'S AWESOME NEWS!!! I'm so happy for you and cannot wait to read your blog post about being matched up! Yea!!!!

T said...

Congratulations! What a big step!!

The Bachelorette is my guilty pleasure! Unfortunately I am going to sound super shallow, but Kasey had to go as soon as he opened his mouth. His voice was SUPER annoying!

Samantha said...

Hooray!!! :)

Courtney said...

Awesome news! How exciting!!

Michelle said...

I'm so excited for you!!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That is great news!!!

The Hopeful Elephant said...

I am over the moon excited for you!

YOU are EPUDD (externally pregnant undetermined due date!)

Andrea said...

Yippee!!! You are on THE LIST! How wonderful...praise GOD :) I'll be praying for the perfect match for you and Barry. Such happy news.

As for the Bachelorette...yep, its a guilty pleasure! At the moment I'm lovin' Roberto for Ali, that smile is incredible and he seems sincere. However, I have a hunch we will get duped by the producers.

Hope you have a great week and celebrate BIG, as this is wonderful news :)

Samantha said...

Annslee is one of our top names but I'm worried it may be too popular

Sarah said...

OMG! Congrats to you guys! Your post gave me chills !:) How exciting!

I am a faithful bachelor/bachelorette watcher! haha Cant get enough of the craziness. We were cracking up too :)

Patricia said...

That's AMAZING! I hope you get a match quickly! I'm so excited for you!

Ellen said...

Congrats on being official!! Best of luck for a speedy match! We are in the process of getting on the list as well, so I look forward to seeing your progress!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Congratulations on this amazing milestone in your journey! I hope youll be getting a call soon..Ill be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! Congrats! I can't wait to hear about you being matched. Best wishes!

Jana said...

That is awesome!!

Stacey said...

Wonderful news, Jennifer! I'm hoping and praying that things will begin to happen, that doors will open for you guys very soon! I trust that the Lord had just the right situation and just the right child for you to raise and love. Can't wait to see what will happen!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop