Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Update

I got an email from our social worker yesterday. He is going to be done with our homestudy by Friday!! Then we will be contancted by the finance department and make our payment and set up a payment plan. I still have a couple things to turn in this week to make everything final. I just can't believe it's happening this fast. It looks like we really will be on the list by the end of the month.

I'm leaving to spend two weeks in Michigan on the 29th so I am hoping we have all this settled by then. It will be so wonderful to spend some time with my family and friends. I can't wait to see them all.

I've been doing some planning for the nursery. I haven't purchased anything because I wanted to wait until we were oficial, but I've been looking and researching. I think I've found the crib I want and I am most likely going to go with a dresser as a changing table. That way we have lots of storage. Plus it can grow with the baby. It's lots of fun to look.

I've done some research on the safest baby products too (high chair, car seat, etc). Lots to learn! If you have any suggestions, I'd love for you to share them with me. I'm also checking out rockers/gliders. Which one do you have? I am leaning towards a comfy/fluffy glider with ottoman. Not the basic wooden and cloth covered glider. I want something that I can just snuggle right into and rock our baby as long as I want to. What do you have or what do you plan to get? Feel free to post about other ideas too.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

20 comments:

Angela said...

Things are getting pretty exciting! Love the pool pics! And have fun planning a nursery! Can't wait to see WHO God has in store for your family!

Sarah said...

Awww! ;) So exciting! It's all soooo close :)

The Hopeful Elephant said...

I bought a regular big, overstuffed, comfy recliner/rocker. Then, if I fell asleep with the babe, I could stay there! ;)

I also didn't ever buy a changing table. I Bought a changing pad, and put it on top of the dresser. That was way easier for me.

HOW fun! I am so excited for you!

~Rachel~ said...

I am SOOOOO excited for you!! Keep us all updated! :-)

I too am thinking I'll go with a dresser/changing table. Very versatile.

Samantha said...

Off the top of my head, I'd say you want a couple of Britax Roundabout car seats. They will last you a long time, they're super-comfortable, and their safety record is awesome. Bummer they are also very expensive. :) But we loved ours, and in retrospect, that's one of the few baby products where we absolutely made the right decision.

I'll get back to you about our rocker/recliner. It's super-comfortable, but I can't remember the name. :)

P.S. We also skipped the changing table. I bought a comfy pad for the floor, and covered it with the chenille covers from Pottery Barn Kids. They cost too much, but they're the softest around.

Basic Girl said...

Awww, this is all SO exciting!! Can't wait to see pics of your nursery when its all done!!

Anne said...

Great thinking on the dresser/changing table, that is what we are doing too! It just makes more sense I think. The rocker that I got is a Shermag. I wanted to make sure it had really thick padding because someone told me that that is very important for it to be comfortable! :) I hope you guys get picked right away!!!

Stacey said...

Wonderful news, and I hope you have a great trip! Things are moving along!!! So exciting.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I hope you are on the list before the month is over and hopefully matched soon after that!

Megan said...

Awesome!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for your nursery!

Faith said...

So exciting! I'm so glad it is moving quickly for you! You know what I did with my nursery - i definitely like the idea of of a changing pad on a dresser. I think actual changing tables are a waste, because what do you do with them when the baby is older? And I LOVE my glider from JCPenney. I think I gave you that info already, though, right?

Oh, btw, we're also from MI and are visited the end of August for a couple of weeks:).

Jonelle said...

Wow Jennifer, congrats on getting your Homestudy done. I have no advice on the glider or any other baby products. I doing my own research and don't even know where to start.

twondra said...

So glad things are moving right along. :) How exciting!!

Jana said...

how exciting!

Kelli said...

I just started creating our registry and it is so much fun! A bit overwhelming trying to pick the perfect stroller and the safest carseat, etc...but mostly fun!

I just sent my profile books into the agency today and I'm tickled that things are moving along! I'll be following you, too! So exciting!

Cape Girl said...

What great news!!! XOXO

Ms. Karla said...

Yeah! God is so good! I don't have any baby advice yet, but I will continue to pray for the day that the precious child that God has planned for you is in your arms! Love you! Have fun on your trip; spending time with family is one of the best things in the whole world. -Karla

Amber said...

Hi, new reader and fellow adoptive-mommy-to-be here! I look forward to following your journey. :)

Michelle@Gotchababy said...

Hello from ICLW! Getting the homestudy taken care of is such a good feeling! Enjoy the nursery planning as well...

Julie said...

Woo hoo!! The ball is not only rolling..it's gaining speed!! So excited for you. God is good!!

I agree on the big fluffy glider...comfy is key!!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop