Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finished

I'm so glad today is behind us.  Not because it was terrible.  Quite the contrary.  I'm just glad I don't have to do any more projects right away...well until I start on the nursery.  I'm glad I can sit back and enjoy some of my summer vacation.  Well, after my garage sale this weekend anyway. 

Our home visit was amazing today!!  We were supposed to have our joint interview Monday, but something came up so he said he'd do all of that when he came out today and he did.  Have I mentioned just how much we love our social worker?  He's really amazing!

The good news from today....we will be on the list by the end of the month and maybe before!!!  That means we can be shown to birth parents by the end of the month!  I can't even believe this!!!  I'm not saying it will happen right away.  I know we could wait a while, but at least our profile can be shown to parents then.  I'm starting to get excited.  This is really going to happen...someday!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

18 comments:

Samantha said...

Someday soon is what it is starting to sound like! I couldn't be more thrilled for you and your family!

(I sent you an email!)

Faith said...

OMG, so exciting! Make sure to REALLY appreciate and celebrate the day you get on the list. It is when you are officially expecting, mommy!! I'm so dang excited for you!!!

S.I.F. said...

By the end of the month?!?! That is SO amazing!

Jennifer said...

That's amazing news!!!! I am so excited for you guys!

~Rachel~ said...

YESSS!! What exciting news! You are going to be a mommy before you know it! I am so thrilled for you!

How was the home visit? Ours will be sometime this September after our training, paper work, and portfolio is complete. We are really not sure what to expect with the visit!

Andrea said...

Yippee! Things are rolling right along for you and I could not be happier. I'm thrilled that you love your social worker and that you are going to officialy be "on the list"! What birth parent could resist your sweet faces? No one!

Enjoy your Summer and sit by your pool :) And, make lots of $$$ at your garage sale!

Overall, just be good to you and hubby. I do hope that your Mom is doing well and send you HUGS.

xoxo

Samantha said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you guys! :)

Cape Girl said...

That is wonderful news!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

Julie said...

Yay!!! What exciting news!! I really am so excited for you both.

Glass Case of Emotion said...

I am just starting the process of adoption after my third IVF failure. And I am excited to hear your news, it makes me hopeful. Looking forward to becoming your follower...

Jess

Jenna said...

How exciting!

I'm glad everything went wonderfully (like I had any doubts it would go less than wonderful because duh, you're awesome!)

Keeping my fingers crossed that once your profile gets out there it won't take long at all. :)

twondra said...

Oh wow! How exciting!! I'm so very excited for you guys!!

paige said...

oh that is incredible!!!!!!!
yay for you sweetie
yay for you
xo

Stacey said...

Wonderful news, Jennifer! Wow, end of the month!! It is so great that you will be "out there" and I pray that it won't be long before things really start happening.

Enjoy your weekend and your summer!

Ms. Karla said...

Hi Jennifer! I didn't know you had a blog! I am glad that we found each other :) I am so excited for you and your husband! I am looking forward to reading about everything! You will make such an amazing mother! I will be praying for you all!

Deni said...

I'm excited for y'all! Praying that everything goes well and that you get your baby asap!

prashant said...

Enjoy your Summer and sit by your pool
Contextual Ad Network India

Megan said...

That's awesome that you were able to have the home inspection and joint interview on the same day. Sounds like you have a fantabulous SW!! I'm really excited for you guys!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop