Friday, May 20, 2011

4 Months Old

Look at that smile!

Ellie Grace turned 4 months old Sunday. Where has the time gone?!?! It seems like we were just bringing her home. Ellie brings more joy to our lives than we ever imagined she could. Just about daily, we find ourselves asking one another if we can believe how blessed we are. She's really our baby girl.

Here are Ellie's 4 month updates...

We go for our 4 month check up Friday so until then I don't have all her stats. But, when we were there 2 weeks ago with an ear infection, Ellie weighed 12lbs 2oz. She's eating 7 ounces of formula every about 5 hours. That girl loves her bottle! 

Ellie started rolling over from her back to her stomach this month. The first time she did it was the day after Mother's Day. We came home from work and I took her out of her car seat and laid her on her play mat so I could let Sam outside. When I turned back around, she was on her tummy. I sat down with her right then and she did it 2 more times. Of course I didn't think to grab my phone or the video camera. I was just so excited. She doesn't do it every single time we lay her down, but she does it often.

She watches Sam all the time. Whenever she sees him walk by or if he goes up to her, she watches him as long as he stays near her. She just loves him. He's so sweet with her too.

We've started using the bumbo seat. She seems to enjoy it quite a bit. I think it's because she's sitting up and able to really look around. She likes to sit facing away from us or up on our shoulder most of the time now. She still snuggles, but not nearly as much as she's become so social.

Ellie smiles ALL the time! She is truly the happiest baby! The only time she cries is when she's ready to eat or just overly tired. Which doesn't happen too often because we really try to keep her on her schedule. Speaking of sleep, we stopped swaddling her arms. I know that probably sounds crazy to some of you, but she loved being swaddled! She slept so great. I was really worried about not swaddling her, but she was breaking out of it at night and then waking up. The first night she took a little bit longer to fall asleep, but after that it's been business as usual. We put her down awake and she goes right to sleep! We usually put her to bed between 8:00-8:30 and she sleeps until about 5:30 or 6:00. 

Ellie still loves her play mat. She grabs at everything hanging from it. She has shown a real interest in toys lately. Of course she puts them right in her mouth. Her hands are in her mouth all the time lately! She's been trying to get her feet to her mouth too, but hasn't succeeded yet. She does grab them as soon as we lay her on her back. It's just too cute.

One of the very best things that our sweet girl has started doing more and more is giggling. It is the sweetest sound! At first she would only laugh when we'd tickle her. Now we can make funny sounds and she'll laugh.

Every month I think is my favorite and then she gets older and it's just as wonderful. I just wish time would slow down a little. I'm looking forward to spending every single day with her this summer! Only 9 more days!!

Here are some more pics.



Can you see those eyelashes?!



She just melts my heart

Ellie and Joy the owl


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Faith said...

She is so gorgeous! I LOVE your picky stickies for the months - I can't find that one? I really don't like the ones I have, but whatever:). Wow, your girl is an eater! Jax never moved past 5oz at a time in his bottle, and he's a big boy! He still only eats 5oz at a time! And we swaddled him until 5.5 months! How in the world did you get her to sleep so well at night? Addy is still up once in the middle of the night and then up by 6 or 7am again to eat, then back to sleep. Anyway, it sounds like you got yourself a wonderful (and easy) baby! Neither of mine have been that easy, but oh well:). Happy 4 months to Ellie!

sienna said...

wowzers, time is flying by! i can't believe ellie is 4 months already. i'm loving these pics, esp the one with her stuffed owl. that is either ONE BIG ANIMAL, or she's just tiny :o) xoxo.

kkasun said...

She is so adorable and I am so jealous of those eyelashes!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little girl she is! I am definitely jealous of her eyelashes. :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop