Friday, September 2, 2011

Quiet Time

Photo courtesy Pinterest


As a working mom, I find it very hard these days to find quiet time to be in the word. During my summer vacation, it was easy. I got up before Ellie, got my coffee and went out on the patio to read. Life has changed in the last three weeks.

When I get up in the mornings now (at 5:00 I might add), I jump in the shower, then head to the kitchen to let Sam out and get my coffee ready and pills and breakfast for Sam. Then I get myself ready, Ellie's bottle ready, her out of bed, fed and we are out the door.

I teach all day, pick Ellie up and by the time I get home it's about 4:30...and that's without any stops. I play with my sweet baby girl, feed her dinner and also try to make something for us. Then play some more. Ellie gets a bath, book and bottle and goes to bed about 7:30.

Which would seem like the perfect quiet time right? Sure, in a perfect world. But, that's when I clean up dinner dishes, throw in a load of laundry, load the dishwasher, and do a few things around the house so I don't spend all day Saturday cleaning. Before you ask what Barry does, he's great! He helps out a lot. Right now though, it's football season and he's gone quite a bit officiating HS football games. It will be that way until Christmas.

By the time all that's finished I'm exhausted and ready for BED! I know I've only been back three weeks now, but I honestly don't see things changing.

I promise I'm not complaining either! I wouldn't change this life of mine for anything! I just need sometime in the word. So I ask all you other mommies out there....How in the world do you do it?? How do you find a chunk of time each day?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow, my hat's off to you. I'm tired just reading your schedule. I'm afraid I can't be much help, since I'm a lazy bum who sits around all day eating bon-bons. :) Oh, and reading. ;)

S.I.F. said...

It's definitely a lot to fit in, but I hope you find that time you need soon dear!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop