Monday, August 15, 2011

We Survived!

Maybe the title should be, "I Survived!"

Today was my first day back to work after a wonderful summer at home with Ellie. I had several breakdowns last week and a big one yesterday. But, this morning I got up feeling ok about it all. I think it was because of a wonderful message my sweet friend Julie sent me on facebook and then followed up with a text this morning. She basically said we aren't bad mommies because we work.  She knows there is going to be some child that will be in our rooms this year that we can minister to in some way.  I think she's right. She also left her sweet baby to go back to work today. We made it through day one, Julie!

I know I had lots of people praying for me and that sure helped too!

Then I came home to the sweetest, smiliest baby around! I just love that girl. I love her daddy too!

My two loves!  Taken in July on Mackinaw Island. 


Now, it's off to bed so I can be somewhat rested for Day 2...


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

I am so glad that you survived, LOL. You are an amazing mother, teacher and wife, and so many people benefit from having you around. You are an AMAZING example to Ellie, on how to be a mother, wife and take on the task of working. God is good and he is always watching over you and your sweet baby girl. =)

Love, Vanessa

Sarah said...

Awww! So glad you made it through. I know it had to have been tough :( Is ellie is Daycare or at home with dad?

Caitlin MidAtlantic said...

You'll have good days, and you'll have harder days, but all the days will get easier from here!

Jill said...

Definitely not a bad Mommy for going back to work, my little girl is about the age of yours and I have my first day of teaching tomorrow. We are providing a life and home for our daughters and showing them that when they are older and Mommys too, that they can be independent, work wherever they like, and be great Mommys too. Plus it doesn't hurt them to have another adult (day care provider) to love on them!

Faith said...

I'm so glad you made it! My guess is each day will get easier! I had a hard time just going back part time, so I can imagine just how hard it must be to be back full time! Just think of what an amazing example you are setting for your daughter - teaching her about how strong mommies are!

Marcie said...

Glad that you both had a good day. This is one thing that I think I will dread the most, going back to work after the summer! But I guess I will push through and do what must be done...like all mothers!
Hope you have a great school year!

Browniris said...

I'm glad you survived! It can be SO hard to be away from these cute babes.

Andrea said...

one word....Awe :)

Julie said...

I am so glad that it meant something to you... I was in tears getting ready that morning and trying to think TRUTH into my feelings. I felt the need to pass it on. I suppose we are learning a lot through this. And definitely appreciating the sweet moments we get with our girls... who still need to meet. : )

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop