I can't believe the weekend is over. It has been soooo busy! I'm lucky I have today off too. I love being a teacher. :)
The weather forecasters had been prediction a chance of snow all week...around 2-4 inches in our area. That's a big deal here in Texas. I got up early Thursday morning so I could leave for my ultrasound. My RE is about an hour away from my house and I knew that a little snow would make driving crazy and slow. I got about halfway there and the snow was coming down like crazy. The roads still weren't too bad though so I made it there on time. My ultrasound was great! I had two follicles this month...wooohooo...and they were measuring at 22 and 23. My lining was also perfect. I was told that everything looked about as perfect as it could. We scheduled my insemination for Saturday morning.
I drove back to school and the snow was already starting to pile up. Of course my kindergarteners were wild. Not only did we have a Valentine's Day party scheduled for the afternoon, but it was SNOWING!!! I think I was just as excited as the kids. An email was sent out that we didn't need to get our hopes up, we would not be having an early dismissal. That was at about 10:30. When I got back to my class after lunch, just an hour later, I had an email that we would be dismissing at 1:30 and we could start calling parents to pick up their kids. It was really snowing! Even as a girl who grew up in Michigan, I was excited about the snow. We also had a late start schedule for Friday.
I left school at 1:30 and had to stop by the pharmacy to pick up my Nova.rel. I went through the dive-thru and then headed to Kroger. When I got to Kroger, I took my prescription out of the bag. It didn't seem right. It was a pre-filled vial. The nova.rel is something I have to mix together. I looked at the label and it was Ovi.drel. Eeeek!!! That is what I took the first month and didn't ovulate. I freaked out. I called the RE and told the receptionist what I had received. She said yes, you just inject it into your stomach. I told her I knew that, but had no intention of using it because it didn't work. Of course then I had to wait for the nurse to call me back. When she did, she apologized and said they had called in the wrong thing. No kidding! Now they would call in the correct injection to a specialty pharmacy since it has to be ordered and they would deliver it to me the next day. This also meant we had to put our insemination off until Sunday. Which of course freaked me out. I mean if the best day to do it was Saturday, does it make a difference that we are waiting a day? She assured me that it would not matter. What else is she going to say?????
THe next morning we woke up to 8 inches of snow and schools were cancelled all around us. I talked to the specialty pharmacy and they informed me they could not deliver my meds due to the weather. I was freaking out! My sweet husband who works in Dallas offered to get it on his way into work. He went in late because of the roads. He prevented a meltdown. Friday night after he got home, we went to visit Barry's brother and his family. The kids had their last basketball games of the year and we wanted to see them all play. They had games Friday night and Saturday morning. It was just an overnight trip, but so worth it! We had a great time!
Sunday morning didn't start off well. The window on the car stuck when I rolled it down to get the dew off of it. That caused a minor fight. ha! We switched vehicles and were on our way. When we went in for our insemination we got great news...B's sperm count was way up!! Wooohoo! Maybe this will be our month. Maybe we will have a reason to celebrate Valentine's Day from now on! Now I'll just try to stay calm during this 2ww.
My day with the Pioneer Woman
1 day ago