I am supposed to list ten things about myself. Here they are in no particular order...
1. I'm bossy! Just ask my husband. BUT, in my defense, I do teach kindergarten and those kids need to be bossed. I feel like I am telling little people what to do all day and then when I come home, I just can't stop myself. I keep doing the same thing, only with my poor husband. Now sometimes, I do think he needs bossing. ha! But, sometimes it is just me, being me. This is something I definitely need to work on.
2. I LOVE popcorn. I could seriously eat it every. single. day of the week. I often have it for dinner. Now, I don't make microwave popcorn. I have a stove top popcorn maker and make it on the stove with oil. It is delicious!! My dog also likes it. It is one of the only human foods I feed him. He started eating it when he was a puppy. I throw it to him and he catches it. Yep, we are freaks!
3. I met my wonderful husband on the internet. True story! We met on a christian singles site and after a couple months of talking online and on the phone, he flew to Michigan to visit me. Then I flew to visit him and back and forth we flew. After 9months of this, I moved to Texas. He tried to find a job in Michigan, but the economy there was so bad that he couldn't. There are lots of teaching jobs in Texas and I didn't really even have to look. Barry had connections. I moved here in August and we continued to date and then got married in November. He is absolutely the most wonderful man I've ever known. He makes me laugh all the time! I am so thankful he is my partner and truly my best friend in this fun and crazy life. I wouldn't have it any other way. I thank God for sending him to me everyday. I am truly a lucky girl!
4. I teach kindergarten. Many of you probably know that. I love what I do. I have taught all grades k-5 and moved back to kindergarten after teaching 4th and 5th grades for several years. I was tired of all the craziness that goes with standardized testing. Don't get me wrong, my students always scored well on the tests, I just think the pressure is too great. Not just for the teachers, but also the kids. I also missed the little ones. Most of them love school and love learning. It's so wonderful to be the one to teach kids all the beginning literacy stuff they need to learn. My group this year is already reading. I love it!!
5. There is nothing better to drink than a Diet Cherry Limeade from Sonic. I grew up in Michigan and we didn't have Sonic, but every time we would visit family in the south, we would go to Sonic. I always wanted a Sonic in Michigan! They now have one. Not long after I moved, they opened one. My family gets to reap the benefits of that quite often and at least I have a nice treat when I go for a visit now.
6. I went to a christian college...well two to be exact. I transferred from Michigan Christian College (now Rochester College) to Harding University. College was the most wonderful experience for me. I had the BEST time and made some absolutely wonderful friends. I am so thankful that I have a relationship with God. Being a christian is so very important to me.
7. I once swallowed a rabbit's tail. Go ahead and laugh...it is pretty funny...and a bit gross too. I was just a kid and my dog had killed a rabbit in our back yard. I cleaned up the tail and would carry it around with me. It was easier than a rabbit's foot. ha! Well, I was blowing on it and my sister came up behind me and scared me and I inhaled sharply and that stupid tail went right down my throat.
8. Birds terrify me. I have had several bad bird experiences that involve swooping and pecking as well as watching The Birds at a young age. All of these things combined have not made me a lover of birds. My husband used to make fun of me about this when we were dating. That's until he was with me when a bad bird experience occurred. He doesn't make fun of me so much anymore.
9. I love, love, love clean sheets. There is nothing better than getting into my bed with clean sheets. I could just sleep forever on them. I could wash my sheets everyday, but I think that might be over the top.
10. My Dyson vacuum has changed my life!! I ♥ my Dyson! It takes me so much less time than it did before to vacuum my house. It works great on carpet, hardwood and tile. I have a black lab that sheds a TON and it sucks his hair right up!! It is easy to push and the attachments are amazing as well!!
I guess that's about it. Hopefully my quirky ways don't scare you off!
I'd like to give this award to the following ladies. Just copy the award from my page and tell your readers ten things about yourself.
Kristy from Sticking Together and Beating Chiari. One Day at a Time
Courtney from The Yerkes Life
Katie from Come Rain or Come Shine
Stacey from Stacey's Thoughts on Infertility