Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 8

I cannot begin to express just how thankful I am for Ellie's birth mom.  When she chose us to parent her daughter, she gave us the most wonderful blessing anyone could ever give us.  I will never know how hard that decision was for her because I'm not her.  I can only imagine... 

We never met Ellie's birth parents and that was their choice.  We were prepared for an open adoption and honestly wanted one.  But, circumstances prevented that.  For Ellie's sake, I hope that one day she will be able to meet her birth parents and really know them. 

There are many nights when I sit and rock my daughter.  I tell her her story.  I tell her how she came to us and how we were beyond happy the first time we held her.  She was the answer to years of prayers.  She was our dream come true.  Her mother made that dream a reality.  I pray that one day I will be able to tell her (in person) just how thankful we are for the plan she made for Ellie.  Because of her plan, I am a mommy.

6 comments:

The Price Family! said...

I think this is my favorite post thus far! Something so wonderful to be thankful for!

Faith said...

I agree in every way. We get to tell Jackson's birthmom how thankful we are and we show her through pictures, visits, etc. I feel blessed that we can do that. My heart aches when I think about her loss. She is certainly a hero in our book!

Andrea said...

What a SWEET, SWEET, post Jennifer...I am sitting here in tears, such emotional thoughts. And so selfless of you.

Much love
Andrea

Sarah said...

:)

Deni said...

I'm just crying happy tears reading this! I've never been more excited for a blog friend to get "the call", then getting to meet you and that doll was so special! I'm grateful too, for that gift and for sweet Ellie and your friendship!!

Katie Tanner said...

As I just read this post I am bawling my eyes out and hoping one day I have a mom pick ME to be the Mommy to their child. :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop