Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sick

"I cannot go to school today,"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
"I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more--that's seventeen,
And don't you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut--my eyes are blue--
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke--
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb.
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is--what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say today is. . .Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play!"


Yep, that's me! Not quite, but I have been sick for about a week. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and I am indeed sick....Acute bronchitis with exacerbated asthma. I guess that means that the bronchitis has made my asthma even worse. My doctor is super! She gave me two shots, a breathing treatment, two new inhalers to take home with me as well as another medicine for my asthma and three prescriptions that I picked up after I left her office. I was also told to keep taking my Mu*cinex, drink lots of liquids and get some rest. Then she told me I could not go back to work for the next two days. So I trudged myself back to school and got some sub plans ready and called a sub to come in for the next two days. How awful is that to miss the last two days before Christmas Vacation??? I am going to miss the party and everything. I'm sad about it, but I know I need to get some rest. I could tell today when I got up to try and get somethings done around here. We leave bright and early Saturday morning for Michigan so I do have stuff to do. I'm just trying not to overdo it.

This is such a busy time of year. We've been busy since before Thanksgiving. I guess that's why I haven't posted on here in so long. My mom came for about 12 days over Thanksgiving and we had a great visit!! Barry's family came down for Thanksgiving and the day after. We did our traditional night of and day after shopping. Got some great deals and have a great time. Since then I've been working and getting my decorating done as well as lots of other stuff. We finally hired another kindergarten teacher so I no longer have 24 kids. I now have 16....and let me tell you...it is a dream!! I have loved it!!

I hope everyone has a great holiday season! I may not post until we get home. Just depends on how busy we are. I'll have lots of great pictures to post. I get to see my favorite little guy in just a few days!


1 comments:

Shellie Salza said...

Love your new look! Hope you have a wonderful time and get well soon!

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop