Monday, October 13, 2008

Sleeping In Is Hard To Do!

I have the day off today! I've been looking forward to this all week...well, really since school started. You see, I'm normally up at 5:30 every weekday morning. Saturday morning Barry is up early to go officiate football so I don't usally go back to sleep and on Sunday we get up for church. So this was the one day I thought I might get to sleep in. No such luck!

My phone went off at 6:00....it was my sister... She was sitting in line at Sonic waiting to order a Cherry Limeade. What's the big deal about that you ask? Well, today was the grand opening of the very first Sonic in town. It is actually only the 2nd Sonic in Michigan. She grabbed my nephew from his sweet slumber this morning, strapped him in his carseat and raced to Sonic to be the first person in line. (She's a freak!) And first in line she was...she had been waiting in the drive-thru line quite a while when the police showed up to get some order to the place. Apparently there were cars lined up way down the road, holding up the morning commuters. She was interviewed by the local news media....I'm anxiously awaiting that clip on their website. I hope she didn't embarres our family. She can do that...believe me! While she was waiting we chatted and I reminded her to get our mom something. Mom watches Cooper a few days a week and she was on her way to Julie's while Julie was waiting at Sonic. Her Cherry Limeades finally arrived and she was thrilled that she even received a mint....it's the small things people. She started her drive home as we ended our conversation.

Of course, I was unable to go back to sleep so I got up (Barry had no problem going back to sleep) and moved to the couch. I checked some of my favorite websites and got started on some housework.

So much for sleeping in, but at least I got to share in a rare joy for my sister!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I hope you can get some things done today. I am laughing so hard about your sister! I cant imagine not having a Sonic! I think we go there at least twice a week and I probably couldn't even count how many our small town has! Congrats on your first one! :)

Liz Harrell said...

I understand that kind of devotion to Sonic. I LOVE that place. :) Hope you got a nap at least.

julie said...

Ok I don't think people should be so concerned with whether you get anything done today or get a nap. Instead they should be more concerned about you thinking that I could ever embarres the family. For the record I have never done it. You people who have sonics on ever corner in your town clearly don't understand what it's like to live without one. The opening of this wonderful drive-in was the single most anticipated moment of my life. Coming in only just above my yearly Kenny Chesney concerts. I know what your thinking, What about the birth of my son. Yes, that was good too, but I knew when he was coming. Besides lets think about this, Sonic.. way more fun for me than childbirth!

Lori said...

Oh I could've gone right back to sleep! lol

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop