Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I read several blogs that have a "Thankful Thursday" post each week. I decided to give it a try. Everyone who reads my blog...all three of you :) know I'm not very good about blogging on a regular basis, but this is something I want to do on a regular basis. So here's the first of many Thankful Thursday posts.

I have so many things to be thankful for in my life right now. Something I am most thankful for is my marriage. I love Barry more and more each day. He is showing himself to be a truly amazing man. More so than I ever imagined. :) We pray together all the time, but we've started praying together in bed before we go to sleep at night. We talk about the people we want to pray for, things that are on our minds and then we pray about them. This time with him really makes me feel closer to him. It is something that was very important to both of us and the fact that he is such a good spiritual leader is something I am so thankful for. I know that when the time comes for us to have children, he is going to be the most amaizing dad! I am truly thankful for this wonderful man!

Have I mentioned how wonderful my mom is? She is a wonderful mother. I am so thankful for her and her example to me. She has been through many tough times in her life and suffered many losses, but she still has faith in God and loves Him so much. I am thankful she was my example growing up and my example now.

I have married into the most wonderful family. Barry's parents have made me feel welcome since the day I met them. They have welcomed me into their family with open arms and made me feel like such an important part of their family. I am truly blessed to have them as my in-laws. They raised Barry to be the man he is and they did a great job! I am thankful I have them in my life.

This might not be quite as nice as the previous three, but I am SOOOOO thankful I will soon have a vacation! I am thrilled to have the days off from school that we will have. It's not enough...believe me...but it's better than nothing. I am exhausted from teaching. Don't get me wrong...I love it! I just need a break. I am thankful for each child in my room, even the ones that know just how to push my buttons, but I'm ready for several days away from them. :)

I'll leave it at that for my first week. I could go on and on, but I do need to do some other things. I'm glad I've decided to do this! It really makes my heart feel glad to put down into words the thoughs that are on my heart already.

0 comments:

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop